Friday, January 17, 2014

Welcome!


Welcome to "Healthy Life Recipes". Some of them may be a little suspicious, but we have found them delicious!

2014 is a new year and the start of a new journey for me  (my dear husband and son get to tag along willing or not!). You can read more about my journey at my blog Noble Wife, Healthy Life.

I hope this blog will inspire others to get in the kitchen and cook healthy meals for their families.

My criteria for posting a recipe is as follows:

HEALTH/NUTRITION: We all have different ideas about health, calories, fat, etc. Most of my recipes will be tailored to be an  "ideal" ratio of calories/fat/protein/carbohydrates. I will list this information to the best of my ability. Please Note: I use a health website to add all the ingredients to a recipe and than based on serving size, the nutrition information is calculated. Because I can't guarantee 100% accuracy, the information should be used as a guideline.

BUDGET: For those that know me, I love to save money and that does not stop when it comes to grocery shopping. I aim to make dinners for less than $10. Sometimes this can be achieved and other times not.
 

TIME: I am aiming to keep the prep & cooking time to under 2 hours. I know that may seem like a lot to some people, but I love to cook from scratch and that usually requires several factors that add up in time.

TASTE: Obviously! There are just some "healthy foods" that taste horrid and I can't eat them. All recipes I post must pass muster!  Myself, Larry (DH), & The Moose (aka Brody my DS) will be the judges!

FUN: To me cooking is delightful. However, some recipes are fun, and others are a beast. I will try to stay away from the "beasts" as I want to be able to help others love to cook as much as I do.

I encourage everyone to take these recipes and get creative! Take them and make them your own!


God Bless You All On Your Journey










ADVISORY
I am not a certified dietician, nutritionist, or medical professional.
  I use the above as a guideline on my own personal journey and hope to inspire others to 
make a change that will better their health and life. 
Please contact your physician if you are seriously considering making a 
healthy lifestyle change and you desire to lose weight. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment