Thursday, April 10, 2014

Apple-Pistachio Chicken Salad

Let me just say that lunch time can get a little boring in this household and panini sandwiches are pretty much a staple since we started to eat healthier.

However, I woke up this morning wanting to get creative with some of the new spices I got for my birthday (yes! you read that right! spices for my birthday!). I knew I had some leftover chicken breasts from the other night and decided to make a chicken salad. I am a "no-mayo, no-tomato, add onion kinda girl". And what I came up with was this :


Photo By: Noble Wife Healthy Life









Apple- pistachio chicken salad
Ingredients:
Directions: 
SALAD:
1.    In a food processor, finely chop cooked chicken and add to a large mixing bowl. Finely chop the celery, red onion, and apple and add to the bowl. Chop up the pistachios and craisins and add to the bowl.

2.    In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt, honey, and lime juice.

3.   Using a mortar/pestle or spice grinder: grind all the spices together and add to the yogurt mixture. Stir well to blend all the ingredients. For a curry style salad, add in about ¼ tsp curry powder.

4.   Add yogurt mixture to the chicken and stir thoroughly to coat all ingredients..
SERVES: 6

132 Cal 2.3g Fat 15.6g Carb 12.7g Protein
2g Fiber 11.4g Sugar 145mg Sodium
260 g
Cooked BL/SL Chicken Breast
175 g
Celery
125 g
Red Onion
150 g
Pink Lady Apple
 30 g
Craisins
 35 g
Pistachios

DRESSING:
170 g
Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp
Clover Honey
½ Tsp
Lime Juice
1/8 Tsp
Anardana
½ Tsp
Chervil
¼ Tsp
Salt
½ Tsp
Cinnamon
¼ Tsp
Aleppo
¼ Tsp
Amchoor




I know that some of the ingredients in the dressing are a little unusual, so feel free to take the basics and add make it fit to your tastes!

There is no reason why our journey's to better health can't be suspicious but delicious!

God Bless!


PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD (if the link doesn't work please let me know)







** THE NUTRITION INFORMATION WAS CALCULATED USING A RECIPE GENERATOR THAT DIVIDES INGREDIENTS BETWEEN SERVINGS. I CAN NOT GUARANTEE 100% ACCURACY AND THE INFORMATION SHOULD BE USED AS A GUIDELINE ONLY.

ADVISORY
I am not a certified dietician, nutritionist, or medical professional.
  I use the above as a guideline on my own personal journey and hope to inspire others to 
make a change that will better their health and life. 
Please contact your physician if you are seriously considering making a 
healthy lifestyle change and you desire to lose weight or if you have specific dietary needs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment